Saturday, October 22, 2011

Measure Me!

Alright the challenge was fun, but I guess it's about time for a real update!

Most importantly, Clint is having knee surgery on Tuesday. This is an old injury (like 6 years old) that he never got taken care of. A couple times a year his left knee pops and swells up and after a few days it's back to normal. It did it again a few weeks ago and was more sowllen than I've ever seen it. It didn't get better as fast and he finally decided to do something about it! So we went to the local dr, who sent him to get an MRI and referred him to an orthopedic surgeon. He has a pretty bad "bucket handle" tear on his meniscus. It's pretty gnarly lookin'. Its definitely something that's gotten worse ove there years, and was probably just a simple tear initially. But there's no telling really. So he can either deal with it or have surgery. Obviously we chose surgery. It's scheduled for Tuesday morning. He gets to "go under" for the first time! The doctor says he'll be off for 4-6 weeks but Clint doesn't think it will take that long. I'm afraid he'll go back to work too soon and hurt himself. But I guess the doctor won't clear him to go back until he thinks its okay. We have short term disability coverage and we can supplement with his vacation that he hasn't used, so we should be okay money wise. Not great, but we won't be losing any vehicles or anything. LOL. I'm kinda excited for him to get it fixed and not have to worry about it so much anymore! I am hoping he'll feel like he'll be able to do more things. Like whenever I mention going skiing or something, he brings up his knee. So I'm hoping he'll feel more comfortable with something like that. Not that we ever do anything like that anyway. LOL
Oh I guess I should mention it's a pretty simple, out patient surgery. :)

As for me, I'm doing good. Still losing weight, but more slowly than before. HOWEVER, I am realizing that the weight isn't as important anymore. I'm gaining muscle so it's making me lose pounds more slowly. I'm still losing fat just fine, I think. So it's making it harder to guage how I'm really doing. So I've started doing measurements every other Wednesday (IDK why I chose Wednesday). I'm trying real hard to make sure I measure the exact same way each time. I think I'll just go for full disclosure and post my inches (*blush*):

[b]October 6:[/b]
Weight: 218
Waist: 49.75
Chest: 38.5
Bust: 45.5
Torso*: 41
Thigh: 25.5
Arm: 14.5

*Torso is at the smallest part of my torso, just for shits and giggles. :)

[b]OCtober 19[/b]
Weight: 216
Waist: 49
Chest: 38.5
Bust: 45.5
Torso: 39.25
Thigh: 25.5
Arm: 13.5

So only 2 lbs lost in 2 weeks BUT as you can see I lost 3/4 of an inch in my waist and my torso and an inch in my arm. I find it interesting that the wasit and torso seem to go at the same pace, and that my chest and bust do as well. I wonder if they will always be like that.

On [b]June 22[/b], I did some measurements. I'm not sure that I measured the same way I do now, but let's see anyway...
Weight: 257.25
Waist: 54
Bust: 49

So I think I'm making good progress! I wish I would have measured back in April when this all started!

So anyway. I really didn't intend to do all that. What I was gonna say is that with the muscle gain, I'm not sure what I want my ending weight to be. Pounds aren't important anymore. So I'm not sure what matters. I guess just being happy with my body, getting out of plus sizes. I still for sure want to get under 200 (15.6 lbs away). So I don't know. We'll see how I feel I guess!

So speaking of all that muscle mass I've gained. I LOVE finding new muscles!! Obviously I know where to flex to see my arm muscles. And I can make my boobs move with my chest muscles (hehe) but I found my torso muscles.. I guess that's my obliques... I put my hands on my torso and lean one way or the other and I can clearly feel muscle that I've never felt before. So yesterday I tried to feel my abs and I have to squeeze my hand into the fat real hard and thrust (it looks pretty dirty, good thing I'm not a guy!) and I can totally feel my abs! It's oddly exciting!

Today I went through all my clothes again. This time I included winter clothes. I've been wondering what I have in the way of winter clothes, and guess what... I'm set! All my sweaters that I bought when I worked at Lane Bryant (2006) fit great. And I've got a couple long sleeve shirts. Woot woot! So I (almost) filled a bin with "fat" clothes (and swimwear), but I've still got a bunch of stuff hanging in my cloest that's really too big. Why? Because I just wear them around the house and they're comfy and well I guess I might as well get my use out of them! I'll add them to the "fat" bin when they get annoyingly big. And no, I'm not getting rid of the stuff in that bin just yet. I don't know how long I'll hang onto it. But that doesn't mean I think I'll go back to being that big. I really DON'T believe that I'll ever get that big again. But its just hard to let go of, and some of it will make good maternity and post-baby clothes. So there's my justification. :p

I hate that all I seem to talk about anymore is my body! But it's what I've got going on right now, so deal with it! ;-p

One more thing... If you ever find yourself on a weight loss journey... TAKE PICTURES!! I LOVE looking at my first picture (which I plan to share at the end of all this). I was so fat! And comparing it to my most recent picture is just awesome and fills me with pride! :)

Okay I'll stop babbling now. I think I've said all I've got to say...

Till next time...

1 comment:

  1. Way to go Janessa!! Cannot wait to tell you how proud we all are of you!

    ReplyDelete