Thursday, October 6, 2011

Blog Challenge Day One

Day 1: Describe your current relationship.

What to say about my marriage? I am happily married to Clint....

We met Nov 12, 2005. His sister Robin and I were friends and were having a birthday party at her house for our friend Rheannon. She invited her brother. At the time I wasn't looking for anything serious, so when we hit it off I thought it would just be a fling. Wrong! We ended up "dating" until February 2006, when he decided to take a job about 5 hours away and at the time I thought I wanted to live in Prescott forever. In May he moved back and we got back together right before my birthday. We moved in together in August, but that only lasted until October. I'm really not sure what happened then. We just weren't getting along and decided we were better off apart. He moved out of town again and I ran away to my mommy (in Oregon!!) Before I even got to Oregon, though, he realized he just couldn't live without me and made plans to follow me to Oregon. I got there at the beginning of December and he got there the day after Christmas. That lasted 2 weeks! Seriously, we were really rocky for a while! So he hauled his butt back to Arizona and I stayed in Oregon and tried to get on with my life. I'm not sure how long it was (a month or so?), but he texted me out of the blue one night and we started talking again. I visitted AZ in April and got to see him and in May (2007) (right before my Bday, again, lol), he flew out to help me drive back to Arizona. And we haven't broken up since! (okay, once for a few hours, lol). We finally realized that we are better together and agreed that breaking up isn't an option. Not over stupid stuff! We got engaged Christmas 2007. We finally got married in June 2009. We have had our ups and downs and have grown stronger over the years, and we are solid. I can't see anything coming between us.

Over the last couple years, I've noticed that we communicate so much better than we used to. When he gets mad he doesn't get so worked up about it, doesn't throw things (he never threw things at me, just threw them). When I am upset I'm pretty good at telling him why. When either of us have an issue we are pretty good at discussing it. We don't always agree but we can usually find some common ground.

Our marriage isn't perfect. We have our problems, financial and such. But what's most important is that we have each other, we love each other and our little dog. We ultimlately want the same things out of life. So we are happy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment