Sunday, July 31, 2011

Doing Good!

I have been saying that I'm gonna update but it just hasn't happened till now. I should probably wait till after Tuesday's appointment, but, eh, I better do it while I'm in the mood!

We cancelled our internet a few weeks ago, so its a PITA to blog from my phone. So bear with me!

So I am a whopping 41 lbs down! That deserves a happy dance! Its hard to believe I'm 34 lbs from 200! That's nothing! I mean its a lot, but its so close! Of course the closer I get, the more I think I'm gonna want to get to 175, but we'll burn that bridge when we get there!

I feel great! It seems like just about every day I notice some new place that its noticeable. Obviously my waist line. Shorts that I couldn't button in April fit perfect, if not loosely. There's extra room in my bras (which I'm not thrilled about, but it happens). Those are the obvious places. I've realized that its noticeable in my thighs and even my calves (which Clint pointed out) and my face! Clint pulled up a pic on his phone from April and pointed out the difference. I LOVE when he points things out to me. I have mostly been wearing the same shirts this whole time, and I'm realizing that they're looser. It all just feels great!

The other day I went through allllllllll my clothes. There were a few things that I was hoping I hadn't gotten rid of, but found that I have, which is a bummer. But I still have a bunch of old shirts that either fit well again now, or will soon! It was a lot of fun trying everything on. I didn't mess with winter clothes because they don't matter yet anyway. And it gives me something to look forward to! ;)

So I got my blood drawn last payday and the nurse called a few days later with results. Good news!! My A1c, which is my long term blood sugar, went from 6.3 to 5.9, which I think is really good! Pre diabetic range starts at 5.7, so I'm almost there! My insulin went from 17 to 8 too which is good! I will know more about what the numbers mean at Tuesdays appointment, but I was happy to know they went down! Yahoo! I may be mistaken, but I believe they just like the A1c to be below 6 before getting pregnant, so I think maybe we will get the go ahead at this appt. However, I still plan to wait till I reach 200 lbs. Which will be hard to do once we get drs approval, but I still feel like its the right thing. Then I'll get off the pill and continue to lose weight while we TTC.

So that's that!

I haven't scrapbooked in probably a month. I just got burn out... I hope to get back into it soon though! Not scrapping has made my days much more boring.

I think that's all there is to talk about.....

I'll try to update after Tuesday if I learn anything interesting at my appt!

No comments:

Post a Comment