Friday, July 1, 2011

Random Babbling

So I guess it's about time for a real update. But there's not much to say! I am currently 28.5 lbs down. Looking forward to that 30 lb mark! One of my best friends is getting married at the end of September (sorry if I've mentioned this already) and I want to lose another 30 by then! I have a dress that I've only worn once and only Clint has seen me in. It's nothing fancy or special. Just something that's practically new! But I believe I was about 220 when I wore it. So it's really just over 25 that I need to lose by then. Assuming I lose weight in the same places that I gained it. LOL. I think it's an achievable goal. But I won't be too disappointed if I don't reach it. I know that the second 30 lbs will be harder to lose than the first 30. And I'm sure I will have something else that I'll be able to wear if I have to. I hope that I don't have to buy anything new because I just don't want to shop until I get very close to by goal weight!

I scheduled a drs appointment for August 2 (Robin has one that day too, yay for going together!) and I'll get blood work right before that so I am excited to see how much my A1c drops! I'm also excited to see how proud my doctor will be of my weight loss! Even if I don't lose any more weight by then, he'll be proud (I've doubled since my last appt). But I hope to lose another 10 lbs by then. Fingers crossed!

I have been acting up a little though. I may have already blogged about this, heck, I can't remember! Oh I know I blogged about adding in small amounts of soda. I've also started sweetening my tea again (half a packet of sweet & low). Also one my lower calorie days, I often "reward" myself with a handful of chocolate chips. That's bad, right? It's still not coming close to putting me over my calorie goal for the day, but it doesn't make it good! Also I'm having more bread. I get so tired of just ham steak & an egg for breakfast, putting it on toast makes it so much more enjoyable. I know an 80 calorie slice of bread isn't gonna kill me, but I just hate that I'm starting to add things back in. I almost bought juice too! But I was able to resist that. I always want to buy candy bars when I'm at a checkout, but all I have to do is look at the 300+ calories and I don't do it. HOWEVER, Skinny Cow now makes candy bars, and they are sooooo good! I haven't seen them at checkouts yet, but I did buy a box. I don't eat a whole package at a time (the one I got is little clusters, 5 in a package). But that's not what I need to be snacking on, I need to go back to snacking on fruits and veggies and hard boiled eggs. I hope I can get back on track. Again, I know that even with all that, I'm still doing good. Still losing weight, and still staying under my calorie goal every day. But still. It's not the right thing for me to be doing.

HA! And I said that I didn't have much to say!

The last few weeks I've been Netflixing the series Life Unexpected. It only lasted 2 seasons, and only 26 episodes. I watched the last disc yesterday. It was such a good show, I can't believe it didn't last! In case you don't know, it's about a girl who was put up for adoption as a baby, spent her life in foster care, and found her birth parents when she was 16 and the judge put her in their care. Her parents had her at 16, so of course they weren't together, which led to some awesome, dramatic complications. But also a lot of wonderful emotional moments. So I was really disappointed that it didn't last. But I was so happy with the way they ended it. I was afraid it was gonna be a giant cliffhanger like so many shows that get cancelled too early, but it ended with closure for the viewers.

Okay, I'm done. But I want to share some of my favorite pictures that Jenn at Jennifer Rice Photography took of me the weekend of my birthday. I don't think I've ever felt like I look so pretty, except maybe at my wedding. She did a great job! (I may not have resized them perfectly. I forgot to do it in Photbucket, so I freehanded it.)










No comments:

Post a Comment