Friday, February 15, 2013

February 15, 2013


Look at me updating again!! It hasn't even been a month yet! :D I really am gonna try to do weekly updates. I work weekends again, and its a good easy time to do it, and gives me something to do! I didn't update last week because I ended up doing housekeeping ( :/ ) on Thursday afternoon and Friday morning, worked here at the course Friday afternoon, then it snowed Saturday so we were closed the rest of the weekend. That was a pretty lazy weekend for me...

Sooo we had our big ultrasound on Wednesday!!! Our baby is healthy and perfect... and male!! Yep we are having a boy! Just about everyone thought it would be a boy, myself included, so I'm really not surprised. I was happy with the results at first, overjoyed really. He is healthy. That's amazing! But then we got to wal Mart and I saw the cutest little Easter dresses. :(  I don't get to buy Easter dresses!! I've already started thinking that our second really needs to be a girl! I feel the pressure already, from myself, its ridiculous. Boys are cute and awesome too, I know this. And I already love him so much and always will. But I can't lie that a part of me wishes it was a girl. I hope he never reads this!! LOL. I've always wanted one of each anyone, so please let the next one be a girl because I really only want two kids total! LOL

But the ultrasound was great, it ended up being just Clint and I in there, with my mom on speaker phone for part of it. He was moving his hands and his mouth... like he was eating. It was really cute. We got to see and hear his heart beat and it was just awesome. The dr. said there are no concerns with me or baby. We're all healthy and that's just the best news ever!!

(Crappy cell phone pic)

A cute ulrasound moment: She was showing us his little feet, but they were overlapping and it looked like one. But Clint counted 7 toes and he's like "woah why do I count 7 toes?!" And she told us it was both feet! What a relief that we don't have a 7 toed baby! LOL

After the appt we went to Olive Garden with Clints mom, sister and her kids. We shared the pictures and talked about the baby some, had a nice time. I was showing his 4.5 year old neice, Ellie, the pictures and there's a lot of his head so I kept flipping through the pictures saying "this is his head, this is his arm, this is his head, etc..." and at the end she asked "Why does he have so many heads?" LOL Kids are awesome!!

But what's not so awesome is that I've now gained 17lbs. Sigh. That's awful!! Dr. O isn't terribly concerned. He said its more than average, but he's not too worried, which is really surprising to me, as hard as I worked (with him!) to lose the weight. Maybe he figures I'll be able to drop it easily again? I'm doubting I will though! He said to eat lots of protein and watch my carbs and sugars. I know this, but its difficult. So so difficult. I really need to find more yummy protein sources. Because I'm just not that into meat right now. Maybe protein bars or something would be good. Of course that's sugar. I don't know.

The week before last I was committed to walking! Well I was gonna go to the gym but it was nice out so I figured it made more sense to take Z for a walk. So we walked... for about 15 minutes. Monday and Tuesday. Wednesday I got preoccupied helping Clint with something. Thursday I ended up working in the afternoon. Friday I worked. Saturday & Sunday it was cold and snowy. And yeah I'm sure I have excuses for Mon-Thurs, but.. The walking thing just didn't stick! I'm gonna try it again next week! Wish me luck!! I just need to get SOME exercise! And with those short walks I did take, I realized how out of shape I'd gotten. They didn't wear me out, but they were short, and I could feel that it was more effort than it should have been. So I really need to get back into the swing of things. Wish me luck!!

So I am hoping to get to go to Ellen's Mother's Day show. LOL For YEARS I've been saying I want to go to her Mother's Day Show. Its an audience full of women expecting their first. I'll be about a month and a half away from having him at the point. No reason I can't go! She gives away some amazing stuff and I've always wanted to go to her show! I wrote in, so we'll see! I'm sure there are thousands of people trying to go though. So wish me luck on that also!

What else? I'm slooooowly working on getting my craft room cleaned (its a freaking disaster!!) so that I can start scrapping again but also so that I can move stuff from the current guest room into there. The guest room is gonna be the nursery, so I need to get on with it! I'm gonna move the futon into my craft room and maybe the desk thats in there. It should fit. We don't really need a computer desk, but its a good place to keep the printer and computer stuff. Once I get all that done I can deep clean the nursery... carpets, walls, windows, whatever. Get it super clean for our son! Then we can paint and start putting it all together.

I'm trying to make myself a little chore list. Thing I need to do daily, and things I need to do weekly, and then a list of things I need to do before baby comes. I'm only working three days a week now, there's no reason I can't be getting house work done regularly the other 4. I'm setting one day aside for going to town. I should never have to go more than one day in a week, but I guess you never know. But its at least a guideline. When I break things down into daily, its really not that much work. Its like an hour or so a day (plus laundry) if I'm keeping up with it. There's no reason I can't handle that, and be able to work on the extra pre-baby stuff too!

Oh I can't believe I didn't mention that, well the morning after the ultrasound I was laying in bed, just waking up, and I could feel him moving like crazy!! Until then, I hadn't REALLY felt him in a way that I was sure was him. But this was definitely him. I feel like seeing him and how big he is (Big, btw, I think he's gonna be huge. eek!) and where he is helped me wrap my head around it all and now I can feel him more. Well it makes sense today anyway! And today I was sitting here at work, just doing my own thing, and I felt him kick! I wasn't even trying to feel it, just there he was, kicking and moving around in there, for several minutes! It made me giggle and smile real big and its just the best feeling ever!! I love him so much!! I can't wait till Clint's able to feel him. He'll love it. He loved seeing him at the ultrasound. I love how excited Clint is about the baby! He's as thrilled about it as I am and that is great!!

Okay I don't think I have anything else to add, and really, I've babbled enough! So thanks for reading! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment