Saturday, July 13, 2013

All about Mr. Zane!

I don't think I've said much about what Zane is like. 

He is a great calm baby! He really only cries when I'm changing him and when he's hungry. Sometimes not even when I'm changing him. 

He's a pretty good sleeper too! Especially at first.. I'd have to wake him up after about 4 hours to feed him because he didn't wake on his own. Now he will usually sleep at least 2 hours at a time. Sometimes up to 4 but I usually wake him up by then. I always set an alarm at night for 3 hours but sometimes I snooze too much... lol. 

He's been sleeping with me on the recliner up until recently. He wasn't sleeping well in his Pack & Play (in our room) and I wasn't getting much sleep because of it so we started sleeping together on the recliner, and he sleeps great like that. But I don't want him to think he has to sleep on me, and I was really beginning to miss my bed, and my husband, so we're transitioning... for right now he's sleeping in his car seat in our room. LOL He sleeps great in it and I know its safe. I feel kinda bad about it, like he doesn't get to sleep in a bed. But this is making sure he can sleep fine without me. Soon I'll try the PNP again and if he still doesn't sleep well in it I'll tweek it a bit. Get a wedge or something. I think he likes being cradled and not upright. So I'll see what we can figure out. I'm a sucky swaddler, plus he likes his hands free. I was in awe of how well the nurses swaddled! So tight and perfect!

I've been typing this over a couple days and now I've noticed that he's starting to figure out his days and nights- YAY! He's been sleeping for longer stretches at night and short, frequent sleeps during the day. Like I'll put him down and 2 hours later.. sometimes less.. he's awake again, needing a new dipe and a snack and he's back out. After like 4 or 5 he's been staying awake for a few hours at a time. He'll get fussy and I'll change and nurse him and he acts like he's asleep but it lasts for like 5 minutes then he's awake and happy again for a while. This will go on till 8 or 9. I love his awake time. I'm glad he sleeps more during the day because I can get things done. Being awake at dinner time makes it harder for me to do dinner.. but it also means Clint has to help cook! haha!  

Diapers! I swear that boy poops with just about every change! Very rarely is there a dipe with only pee. But that's alright, I don't mind changin' his stinky butt! We haven't had to buy diapers yet but we'll have to in a week or so. Once he moves up a size we're good for a while again. Woot!

Oh! He had an appt on the 10th and he weighed in at 7lbs 11oz! Getting big!! I hope that keeps up... I'm ready to move on to his 0-3 month clothes.. his newborns are getting old! LOL I didn't expect him to be a "newborn" for so long!

He also got circumsized at that appointment. Made me sad.. don't even wanna talk about it right now. Poor baby! But he's doin' alright now, it appears to be healing like it should and doesn't seem to bother him at all!

He eats like a champ! Every 2-4 hours. I have noticed that he's nursing for shorter periods of time. Seems like he used to stay on the boob for 30-45 minutes, now sometimes he's satisfied after 15. Usually about 25 though. I have an app. LOL. Of course the end of it I think I'm more of a pacifier than a meal. He gets all sleepy and just sucks here and there. I let him do that till I'm sure he's good and asleep so that I can put him down without waking him and having to do it all over again. lol

Well I've covered eating, sleeping and pooping... and this is all about Zane, and that's all he does, so I must be done! Oh.. no I'm not! He's focusing on things more and more and following objects with his eyes. He's always had a strong neck but its getting stronger. He's acting like he's trying to crawl when I put him on his tummy. I mean I know he's nowhere near capable of crawling but he does the motions. He's just the best! :D We're lucky!

Let's end this with some random pix, shall we?

In completely random order... 


No comments:

Post a Comment